Who doesn't love the salty crunch of a perfectly cooked piece of bacon, melted sharp cheddar, all within a crisp, fresh baked garlic scone? It's safe to say these scones are hard to beat, but the beauty is that they are actually so easy to make!
Wanna make them yourself? Well, here ya go!
2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking powder
2 tsp granulated sugar
4 tbsp butter, cold and chopped into small cubes
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
1/3 cup snipped chives (optional)
1/2 pound bacon, cooked, cooled, and crumbled
3/4 cup + 2 tbsp heavy cream (just enough to make the dough cohesive)
- preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet or line with parchment.
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in food processor. Slowly add in butter cubes until mixture is unevenly crumbled. (you should still see some chunks of butter throughout)
- Add 3/4 cup of your heavy cream, pulse your mixture until fully blended.
- Remove dough from food processor and hand mix in your cheddar, bacon, and chives until evenly distributed. Try your best to not over work the dough and melt the butter. If your dough is a bit dry, add heavy cream in slowly until the dough comes together.
- Pat the dough into a smooth, round 7" disk that is about 3/4" thick. Use a knife to cut the disk into 8 wedges and place on your prepared baking sheet about 1/2" apart.
- Bake the scones for 22-24 minutes until golden brown.
- (optional) Immediately after removing the scones from the oven, give each scone a light drizzle of honey.